Top 3 DIY Damaged Hair Treatment Recipes To Try Today!
Dry and damaged hair can sometimes creep up on your tresses when you least expect it. Between all the tricks and tips available to revive your damaged hair, one that stands out as tried and true is a leave-in treatment. Specifically, a protein treatment can go a long way in helping your hair to regenerate and rehydrate. But before we dive into some DIY options, let’s take a closer look at exactly what a leave-in protein treatment for hair actually is.
What Is A Leave-In Protein Treatment For Hair?
A leave in treatment is used on dry, damaged (or regular) hair to deeply nourish hair and repair hair. It’s usually applied after a shampoo and conditioning, before styling hair. Leave in treatments are designed to soften hair and detangle hair, making styling easier. Although leave in treatments are wonderful for your hair, they’re generally best applied to hair only once or twice a week. Using a leave in conditioner every day can create build up and leave product in your hair.
Top 3 DIY Hair Protein Treatment Recipes & Guides
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- ¾ liter of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of argan, olive, almond, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon natural conditioner
- Add corn starch and water to a pot and stir over a flame until dissolved. Then, lower the heat and continue stirring until it thickens.
- Lower the heat and wait for it to cool down.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until you have a smooth cream.
- Apply to dry, unwashed hair. you can apply before going to bed and wash it in the morning or apply during the day and leave in for 25 minutes before rinsing hair.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-onces aloe vera gel
- 1-ounce coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- An essential oil of your choice (optional)
Mix ingredients in a spray bottle, give it a good shake and you’re good to go! Spray before styling hair.
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- Cap full of rose water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- A few drops of peppermint oil
- 1 teaspoon argan oil
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- A few drops of tea tree oil
Mix all ingredients to form a smooth paste. Massage mixture into scalp and hair strands.
When it comes to hair care, it can seem like there’s always something new to try! This is especially true when it’s about salvaging dry and damaged hair. With these DIY protein hair treatments, there are numerous options to try to revive your lackluster locks. At the end of the day, hydrated hair is happy hair, and that’s what these leave in treatments aim to achieve.